A busy month has just flown by for the libraries team, and it doesn’t look like getting any quieter…. Here’s what we have been up to.
- Gill and Steve have been really busy starting the ERM work, doing preparation and research ahead of the kick-off meeting.
- Between the 20th to the 22nd of March Ian, Gill and Steve accompanied by Owen attended the Kick-off meeting for our GBV/OLF/FOLIO ERM project at the University of Göttingen. Gill and Owen led two days of User Story Mapping generating input into the planning and prioritisation.
- Ian participated in a FOLIO panel discussion at #UKSG in Glasgow on the 10th April, which ended in an impromptu live demonstration of the demo system at demo.folio.org. Fortunately, the demo gods were kind and everything went off without a hitch. A big thank you goes out to fellow panellists and all the participants for a lively and interesting session.
- We will be presenting at FOLIO Days Germany, University of Gottingen between 24th and 26th April – Ian will be giving an overview of the ERM work – it’s genesis in GOKb, KB+ and LASER; the current state of the domain model and where we are going over the next 6 months.
- Ian, Owen and Marc will be attending WOLFCon in Durham,NC. Ian and Owen will be leading/contributing to a number of sessions on ERM and Marc will be carrying on his work as a part of the Core team. At the same time, we’re hoping to set time aside to discuss opportunities around consortial resource sharing and GLAM applications with our colleagues from Index Data.